Legal services offer the provision of legal advice, counseling and representation by an attorney or other person acting under the supervision of an attorney. The following agencies are private non-profit agencies that provides legal assistance to low income families.
Connecticut Legal Services Administrative Office –
Middletown 62 Washington Street,
Middletown, CT 06457
Phone: (860) 344-0447
Fax: (860) 346-2938 Email: Connecticut Legal Services
211 State Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604 Phone: (203) 336-3851 or (800) 809-4434
20 Summer Street, Stamford, CT 06901 Phone: (203) 348-9216 Fax: (203) 348-2589
- Consumer Law Project for Elders Phone: (800) -296-1467 Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm Provides free legal assistance to seniors with consumer legal problems through a statewide telephone hotline.
- Connecticut Elder Law The Center for Medicare Advocacy is a national non‑profit, non-partisan organization that provides education, advocacy, and legal assistance to help elders and people with disabilities obtain Medicare and necessary health care.
Center for Medicare Advocacy
P. O. Box 350 Williamatic, CT 06226 Phone: (860) 456-7790 or (800) 262-4414
- The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program (LTCOP) works to improve the quality of life and quality of care of Connecticut citizens residing in nursing homes, residential care homes and assisted living communities. The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program works to improve the quality of life and quality of care of Connecticut citizens residing in nursing homes, residential care homes and assisted living communities.
- Connecticut Long Term Care Ombudsman Phone: (860) 424-5200 or 866-388-1888
- Southwestern Regional Long Term Care Ombudsman Phone: (203) 597-4181 or (203) 551-5531
Kimberly Massey 1057 Broad Street Bridgeport, CT 06604
- Mairead Philllips / Dan Leman 249 Thomaston Avenue Waterbury, CT 06702
Plan of Connecticut: The mission of Planned Lifetime Assistance Network (PLAN) is to assist families in planning for the future of their family member with a disability and to provide continuity of services after the principal advocate/care-givers have died or are unable to continue. For information on the Plan call their phone number at (860) 523-4951 or navigate to their website.
Lawyer Referral: Lawyer referral services maintain a list of attorneys by geographical area and by types of practices. A staff will ask the call to describe his/her problem and then refer the caller to an appropriate attorney.
- Connecticut County Bar Association Phone: (203) 335-4116 – this number is the Fairfield Lawyer Referral Services
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc. (list of attorneys by locations & areas of specialty)
Elder Law & Legal Resources : Provides a list to elder laws related to health insurance, finance & estate planning issues.