Mini grants will be awarded to municipalities and non-profit organizations in SWCAA’s region. Community collaboration is encouraged for one time awards for a maximum amount of $10,000.
Services must be provided to Caregivers. Eligible services are listed in the Mini Grant Budget Worksheet (link below).
The project period is January 1, 2019-September 30, 2019. Services may be provided for any portion of the project period.
Mini grant awardees shall submit monthly Management Information Services (MIS) reports and invoices for services provided during the previous month. Payment for services rendered will be paid monthly.
Ideas for Providing Caregiver Services
These mini grants are meant to have your community think creatively on how to assist caregivers. Do you have an idea? Unsure if your idea meets the criteria? Please contact Gretchen James at 203-814-3620.
Please see some creative examples below:
- A home care agency and human service organization works collaboratively for caregivers in need within their community.
- An adult day center increases the number of days they provide care to a care recipient so that the caregiver gets a much needed rest from their caregiver duties.
- A social worker visits a senior center twice a month to provide a caregiver support group.
- A human services employee or Municipality coordinates the direct services (homemaker, companion, PCA) to support the care recipient. SWCAA would reimburse the Human Services Agency or Municipality and it would reimburse the direct service provider.
How to Apply
Please complete the Mini Grant Application and Budget Worksheet (link below) and submit them to the SWCAA Grants Manager Gretchen James.
If You Are a New Grantee
Please submit the following documents as outlined in the Application:
- A copy of your agency’s independent financial audit for the previous fiscal year. Any agency required to obtain state or federal single audits must also submit those.
- Signed Standard Assurances (see link below).
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Liability Insurance prior to the effective date of the award naming Southwestern Connecticut Agency on Aging as an additional insured on the policy.
For more information, contact Gretchen James Grants Manager
Southwestern CT Agency on Aging